We reduce the CO2 emissions of our hotel by purchasing 100% certified green electricity.
In order to conserve resources, we have introduced many small changes in our hotel:
– more than 90% of all light bulbs in our hotel have been replaced by energy-saving LED bulbs
– half of all room windows already have energy-saving triple glazing
– a strong reduction of print-outs as well as electronic handling of correspondence whenever possible
– Waste separation according to recyclable materials and avoidance of packaging from the outset
– Replacing washing machines with water- and energy-saving models
– some rooms already have an energy-saving circuit
To reduce CO2 emissions from the unavoidable remainder for water heating and heating, we use two combined heat and power plants and also produce electricity for our own consumption. In this way, we produce up to 50% less CO2 than if electricity and heat were generated separately. In addition, the use of a new digital heating control system has reduced the primary energy consumption.